Posts Tagged ‘Amazon Kindle’
For those who know me, for a year and a bit I’ve been using a Sony eReader for my ebook reading. I got it free through Air Miles. (And now you know someone who actually got something for free from a points program!) I also have an iPad which really is the greatest thing to happen to humanity since the big bang! And while it’s a great device, it’s too heavy to use as a regular ebook reader. Yesterday, Kobo (owned by Canada’s Indigo Books & Music) announced the new Kobo eReader Touch Edition.
So I went ahead and pre-ordered the black touch Kobo. Why?
5. My sister and Mom both have a Kobo, which makes buying ebooks easier for everyone easier.
4. Touch screen, cheaper than the Sony version. It’s going to make reading e-books simpler, and without needing a special button, make it more user friendly.
3. It’s Canadian. And while I do shop at places like amazon.ca, it’s still Canadian.
2. Syncing. It syncs between my iPad, Kobo, computer, etc. My Sony Reader doesn’t do that.
1. Free eBooks. While Sony has some free eBooks (mainly 100 years old public domain), Kobo has a greater variety. And has lots of coupons for things that aren’t free! The new touch edition comes with a $10 gift card to buy books with.
The touch edition also has the new pearl e-ink display, which the Kindle also has which allows for easier reading under direct sunlight, and acts more like reading a real paper book. Plus all sorts of neat features, and interactive social networking features! And it has Wi-Fi, including free access at Bell wi-fi hotspots so if you need to buy a book on the go, you can!
My biggest complaint about Kobo is that they don’t have a shopping cart for their eBookstore. Sacrifices always have to be made, and I don’t have to buy from them exclusively. Also one of the biggest bonuses – You can buy books in Canadian dollars!
Follow Me On The Web!
- The colours of movement
- The realities of cooperative banking
- Levelling up at RVH
- 9 Enticing Volunteer Opportunities you can do NOW!
- The secret of why I’m going back to school